Shops & Establishment Registration
The registration under shops and establishment act is regulated by the labour department of respective state, and it is mandatory for all business entities which do not fall within the ambit or applicability of The Factories Act, 1948. Even cases where the employees are working from home, this registration is necessary to obtain. Most of the state governments have passed their own law through the legislature assembly or have adopted some other state government legislation on shops and establishment. We are providing professional services in the matter of registration of the establishment and compliance with various provisions which may be required under respective Shops and Establishment Act.
Key Points of Shop & Establishment
Applies to all commercial establishment which includes shops, offices, schools, hospitals, societies, charitable trusts, educational institutions which operate for the motive to earn profits. However, factories are not covered by the shops & establishments Act and are regulated by the Factories Act, 1948.
Meaning of Shop
A premises where any trade or business is carried on or where services are rendered to customers. It includes offices or warehouses, whether in the same premises or not, used in connection with such trade or business, but does not include a shop or office attached to a factory within the scope of the Factories.
A Commercial Establishment shall mean a commercial or trading or banking or insurance establishment, an establishment or administrative service in which persons employed are mainly engaged in office work, a hotel, restaurant, boarding or eating house etc a cafe or any other refreshment house, etc .
Documents Required for Registration Under Shops & Establishment
- Certificate of Incorporation, MOA & AOA of Company / LLP Agreement of the Company or LLP
- Copy of Pan Card of the Company or LLP
- List of Director or Partners and their ID and Address Proof and Copy of Board Resolution or Partners Consent
- Actual Photo of the Shop or Establishment with Name Board in local language at the entrance duly displayed
- Address Proof of the company or LLP where the name of the company is clearly mentioned.
- Copy of Licence, Permit, Registration which is mandatory under any law to be obtained prior.
- Site/Key Plan Showing the area under the occupation of the applicant earmarking the neighbourhood of the site.
- Leave Encashment
- Staff Insurance Scheme & Policies
- Professional Tax
- Labour Welfare Fund
- Company Formation
- Trade Licenses
- Shop & Establishment Registration
- GST (Goods and Service Tax)
- IEC (International Electroelectrical Commission)
- PF (Provident Fund)
- ESI (Employees State Insurance)
- Tax Planning